Established with Bachelor of Engineering Course in 4 departments namely Computer Science and Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Science and Engineering
PG Programme MBA was started
• PG Programme MCA was started
• SIT became the partner institute in Infosys Campus Connect Program
• M. Tech programmes in Digital Electronics started
• M. Tech programmes in Industrial Automation & Robotics started
• M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering started
• M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering started
• BE in Aeronautical Engineering started
• Electrical & Electronics Engineering started
• M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering started
• M.Tech in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems started
• BE in Automobile Engineering started
• Marine Engineering were started
• SIT became the first college in Karnataka State to start BE in Marine Engineering
• B. Arch course was started
SIT became the first engineering College in Karnataka to offer BE in Nano Technology.
Institution of Engineers (India) chapters were started in Mechanical and ISE departments.
MOU between Wipro and SIT was signed
• MOU with AKAR Training & Consultancy
• MOU with Kathmandu University, Nepal
• MOU with Flow & Force Engineers, Bengaluru
• MOU with Canara Workshops Limited, Mangaluru
• Dr. Ramakrishna N. Hegde of Mechanical Department got Project funding of Rs 20 Lakhs for the project titled “Experimental investigation on heat transfer enhancement in double pipe heat exchanger using metallic inserts and nanofluids” from VGST, Govt. of Karnataka under K FIST scheme
• Dr.Shaila Bantanur of Architecture Department got Project funding of Rs. 2 Lakhs for To Analyse and Understand Materials and Construction Techniques of Vernacular Houses of Mangalore Specially Known as “Guttu” Houses from Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage, INTACH, Delhi
• School of Architecture received ZONASA award for Design
• School of Architecture Received Interior Design Award
• The college has been Awarded ‘A ‘ Grade & Top Emerging College by Chronicle Engineering colleges Survey 2017
• The collge bagged first runner-up in the event ‘GlamSlam 2017 – The Quest for the Best’, an inter-collegiate fashion show conducted by Infosys Ltd
• Dr.Prasad, Professor and Head of Nano Technology department was selected for a grant of Rs.30 Lakhs from VGST as project fund for establishing Centre for Innovation for in Science and Engineering
• Certificate of appreciation received to our college in recognition of dedication and commitment shown in having association with All India council for technical education (AICTE) for implementation of Sansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana in BALAPA village.
• School of Architecture has won INTACH Heritage Award For South Zone For Heritage Documentation 2017 from Indian National Trust For Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH)
• Dr. Shaila Bantanur, Srinivas School of Architecture received the “Award of Merit” (South Zone) for documenting Zeenath Baksh Masjid at Bunder, Mangaluru.
• The Project titled “Acetylene Based Waste Water Purifier Plant to Generate Electricity” carried out by Mr. Abhilash Kumar, Mr. Shetye Akshay Anant, Mr. Madangerikar Sayeesh M and Mr. Darshith P K under the guidance of Prof. Harshith K of Electrical and Electronics Engineering department have won the 1st prize in Intercollegiate exhibition I2 connect, organized at St. Joseph Engineering college by IEEE Bangalore section
• “Design and Fabrication of Domestic Drier/Oven by using Agricultural Waste” carried out by Mr. Aniruddha Khambadakone D, Mr. Manohara, Mr. Karthik and Mr. Girisha under the guidance of Prof. Udaya Shankar B of Mechanical Engineering department has been sponsored by KSCST Bengaluru and selected for final round
• Srinivas School of Architecture won second overall runner's up of zone Nasa 2018, hosted by Siddaganga Institute Of Technology, Tumkur
• MOU with NPTEL-IIT Madras for curriculum enrichment
• MOU with Cloud E, Mysore for Internship and skill development
• MOU with University College
• The College got NAAC Accredited
• Project entitled “Pose Invariant Key Point Based Face Recognition System” of Ms. Krithika, Ms. Anisha D Kulal, Ms. Navyashree & Ms. Roshan Sunaina M students of the Information Science department was adjudged as “Best Project of the Year” in the Seminar/Exhibition organized by Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology (KSCST).
• The students of School of Architecture of the college won laurels in the recently conducted Zonal National Association of Students of Architecture (NASA) held at SIT, Tumkur from 18 to 22 October 2018. The college has bagged overall runners both Design Trophies.
• Architecture Department bagged National award for the Best Documented Project instituted by Council of Architecture, New Delhi. The documentation was mainly focused on architectural heritage in India and students documented project titled “Documentation of Rosario Cathedral, Mangaluru”.
• Mr. Venkatesh Rajput Aeronautical branch student represented as a student leader at the prestigious 9th Indian Student Parliament (Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad) held in Pune.
• Mr. Mohammed Rafi A K, Student of Electrical and Electronics received “Rula International Award 2018 For Best Technical Researcher In Electrical Engineering” for the final year project entitled “E-Waste Magnetic Salvage”. This International award ceremony is held at Grandeur Hall, Trichy, Tamilnadu.
• Students of Automobile department won 1st place in the SAE BAJA Virtual Design round held in Chitkara University Chandigarh.
• Mr. Rakshith Holla and Mr. Prasanna J S, students of Computer Science and Engineering were the winners of 4th Alan Turing Computer Society of India (CSI) National level student quiz 2019, organized by CSI Coimbatore Chapter
• MOU with R.L Institute of Nautical Sciences Madurai- a DG shipping approved Institute- for Academic Exchange Program.
• MOU with Apex Professional University, Aurnachal Pradesh
• MOU with Ziegler Aerospace Pvt. Ltd, United Kingdom
• 10 students bagged VTU Gold Medal and VTU Ranks
BE in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Started