Marine engineering is the discipline in engineering that deals with the design, development, production and maintenance of the equipments used at sea and onboard sea vessels like boats, ships and off shore platforms. The Department of Marine Engineering at Srinivas Institute of Technology was established in the year 2012 with an annual intake of 60 students to impart technical skills of highest and contemporary quality to the blooming marine engineers who can work on shore and onboard ships. A marine engineering graduate who wants to sail has to undergo a one year Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) training in any DGS approved Institute.
The department offers under graduate program with the following salient features:
- Curriculum tailored to meet the shipping industry standards.
- Best in class teaching fraternity having excellent academic record with a well versed teaching and high levels of shipping industry experience.
- Audio-visual classrooms and a departmental library housing books & technical manuals of merchant vessels.
- Individual attention on each student through the student mentoring system.
- Regular industrial visits and internships to enhance practical knowledge.
- MoU with R.L Institute of Nautical Sciences Madurai for academic exchange program.
- KSCST funded student projects.
- Career development & placement training programs.