A library is a centre and power house of Knowledge. We are proud of having a good Library in our College, which at present houses 42,613 volumes of books with 8,561 titles. It has a comprehensive collection of literature, predominantly related to Engineering, Architecture, Management & it’s allied subject to meet the needs of the students & academicians. Apart from subscribing for numerous National and International journals, magazines, a digital library is established to access E-books and online journals like IEEE, Springer, Taylor-Francis, ASCE, Science Direct, K-Nimbus, and Proquest etc.
The library follows an open access system. Books are classified according to the Dewey decimal classification. Library has been fully computerized to using Easylib software which provides OPAC Services.
There is photocopying facility and a book bank facility for needy students to borrow books for the entire semester. All the departments are equipped with their own departmental libraries, providing easy access to students, in their respective subject. The library is kept open from 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM
Library will be kept open from
||8.00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
||8.00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
||8.00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
||8.30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Issuing and returning/renewal of books will be from 8.45 A.M to 4.35 P.M
The Central Library is housed in a spacious building with a carpet area of 1701 sq. ft. and is located at the centre of the campus. The floor-wise sections in the Library are indicated below:
||News Paper Section
||Reference Section Entrance
|| Reference Reading Section
Total Library Space in sqrm 1701
Ground Floor Section Space in Sqrm 842
Ist Floor Section in sqrm 859
LIBRARY STAFF DETAILS
||Name of the Staff
||B.L. I. Sc
||Dhanraj D Suvarna
||Digital library Instructor
Rules & Services
Membership & Circulation
- The Library is primarily intended for the use of students and staff of this College.
- Issuing and returning/renewal of books will be from 8.45am-4.45pm.
- Students should enter their names in the Gate Register.
- The books will be issued for maximum of 15 days.
- Text books can also be issued for overnight loan after reference hours against library card which should be returned the next day within 3 hour of opening of the reference section of the library.
- Issued books can be called back by the Librarian at any time, considering the requirements of books to others.
- If a student loses library cards, Rs 50/- will be charged for issue duplicate card.
- Absence to the College will not be an excuse for the delay in the return of the books.
- Back dated periodicals will be issued for a period of 2 days only.
- All the students should return the Card at the end of the final year and obtain “No Due Certificate” from the library. Similarly the staff members who intend to leave the College should settle all the dues including the Cards and obtain “No Due Certificate” from the library.
Reservation of books
- Members can reserve the books which are already issued. The reserved books, after their return, will be kept at the counter for two days for issue to those have reserved. If they fail to collect the books within two days, the books will be given to the members in the waiting list.
- Books issued can be renewed only once. However, if there is no other demand, a book may be reissued after it is returned.
Book Bank Scheme
- The facility of ‘Book Bank’ in the library was initiated from sept 2006 as to help the students during the examination time, with the following terms and conditions.
- Students can submit their application at the beginning of the semester only; it is not acceptable in the middle of the semesters.
- Membership fees for 4 books is Rs.1000/- and Registration/Renewal fees is Rs.150/- OR Membership fees for 2 books is Rs.500/- and Registration/Renewal fees is Rs 75/-.
- Registration /Renewal fees should be paid for each semester.
- Membership fees and Registration/Renewal fees is non refundable.
- Only prescribed textbooks, which are mentioned in the VTU syllabus, will be given preference.
- The students have to return the books at the end of the semester; otherwise, the books will not be issued in the next semester.
- If issued books are lost, the students have to replace the books or double cost of the books.
- Students can avail photocopy facility within the library.
The library has online access of the E-journals through VTU Consortium. It is IP based intranet access for online journals are provided within the campus.
- TAYLOR AND FRANCIS ONLINE
- VTU CLOUD LIBRARY
- KNIMBUS DIGITAL LIBRARY