Why Information Science & Engineering?
Today’s society is different to the one that existed not so many years ago. Our society is constantly changing. The most important characteristics of our era may be the transformation, transmission and dominion of information. We live in an information society where the leading role has been given to new technologies, especially those devoted to information. Our society could not be imagined without new technologies and their role both in this society and in human life in general.
Information technology had a great impact in all aspects of life and the global economy is currently undergoing fundamental transformation. Information technology has very real impact in most of industries and in all aspects of economy, while businesses and enterprises continue to undergo considerable changes. Usage of these technologies is revolutionizing the rules of business, resulting in structural transformation of enterprises. Modern businesses are not possible without help of information technology.
Duration of the Course: 4 Years
- Apply the basic principles and practices of computing grounded in mathematics and applied sciences to successfully undertake real time projects to meet customers business requirements and needs of the society.
- Establish foundation for advanced studies and prepare students with fundamental knowledge to cope up with rapidly changing computing and networking technologies.
- Work productively as software engineers, communicate effectively and exhibit leadership roles in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Impart education necessary to understand the impact and role of computing in global, economic, environmental and societal context, thus creating enthusiastic citizens with understanding of constitutional, professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To create an awareness of lifelong learning and involvement in research and development activities.
Under this branch students will learn various subjects related to
1. Computer Programming languages like C programming , Object Oriented Programming using C++, Java Programming,C#.Net, Oracle RDBMS etc.
2. Data Structures using C/C++
3. Computer Networking subjects including SAN
4. Data Mining and Algorithms
5. Computer Architecture
6. Management Information Systems
7. Software Testing
Students will be carrying out mini projects in third year and main project work in final year.
The department has 7 computer laboratories with 200 computer terminals connected to Windows 2003 / Linux servers. These machines also have individual hard disk and are Windows Vista/Xp bootable. All the necessary softwares required to carry out regular laboratory work and project work are available in the department. These facilities are exclusively for undergraduate students of Computer Science. 4Mbps leased line connectivity for internet access is also available.
Information Science & Engineering graduates can work in IT companies as
1. Software Engineers
2. System Programmers
3. Quality Engineers
4. Web Designers
Graduates interested in teaching can also work in educational institutions after the completion of post graduation course.